HIPAA Compliance Is More Than Just A Risk Assessment
Your clients trust you to take care of their health – and they also trust you to take care of the confidentiality of their protected health information – keeping sensitive data safe against all types of threats that could otherwise lead to disclosure. If you’re not keeping sensitive data safe, you’re not complying with HIPAA requirements, which means you’ll end up riddled in debt due to:
- Costly fines and potential lawsuits
- Unsatisfied patients and reputational damage
- The potential closure of your healthcare organization
Why You Need A Professional Organization To Conduct Your HIPAA Assessment
The penalties for non-compliance are based on the levels of negligence and can range from $100 – $50,000 per violation with a maximum of $1,500,000 per year. Network Heroes helps you maintain HIPAA compliance at all times. Make sure to do the following:
- Conduct a thorough assessment to find weak points and vulnerabilities that leave you open to data breaches, and ultimately, non-compliance.
- Implement the appropriate technical safeguards such as anti-virus software, firewalls, web-content filtering, and much more.
- Update policies and procedures to make sure all staff members are following policies and procedures in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Keep data/applications backed up onsite and in the cloud for quick recovery whenever disaster strikes.
Don’t risk losing patients, and ultimately, your good reputation due to non-compliance. Reach out to Network Heroes to discuss what we can do to keep you HIPAA compliant. Contact us at 702-252-HERO or email us at email@example.com for more information.