Why Do You Need A Healthcare IT Advisor (HIT)?
For Security, Reliability, Efficiency and HIPAA Compliance
These are four key requirements for any healthcare practice or organization. Without them, you might as well close your doors — because the government will be closing them for you if you don’t. This is why all healthcare organizations need a Healthcare IT Advisor (HIT).
Our HIT Advisors confirm that your technology:
- Runs at peak performance,
- Is dependable,
- Secure, and
- Supports your HIPAA compliance efforts.
Your Healthcare IT Advisor
As you know, to be HIPAA compliant your staff must be able to securely store and access patients’ ePHI. Our HIT Advisors ensure this is possible by conducting periodic HIPAA Risk Analyses. Our risk analysis identifies ePHI-containing systems, assesses vulnerabilities, and prioritizes the risk on those systems. We also help you develop solutions to safeguard your IT and ePHI.
But did you know that HIPAA requires risk analyses be conducted on an ongoing basis? Healthcare organizations receiving EHR incentive payments without conducting a risk assessment are held liable under the False Claims Act and must forfeit their payments. The OIG (Office of Inspector General) has made this a top priority and is proceeding with investigations.
Failing to conduct a HIPAA Risk Analysis can result in:
- An increased risk of data breaches.
- OCR (The Office for Civil Rights) enforcement and monetary penalties.
- CMS (Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services) enforcement to recoup EHR incentive payments.
- OIG enforcement under the False Claims Act, including liability of three times the EHR incentive payment and exclusion from all federally funded healthcare programs.
Don’t risk the viability of your healthcare practice or organization. Contact Network Heroes and schedule a complimentary, no-obligation review of your IT system with one of our HIT Advisors. Call 702-252-HERO or email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org