Check Out Clio, Worldox & Tabs3
When it comes to practice management software for your Las Vegas law firm, there are lots of good choices. You can keep track of your calendar, manage documents and even invoice clients all with one software program.
But what about integration? Does your software work well with other applications that you use? Too often, attorneys are confused by all the promised features when they check out the types of firm management software available. But we’ve done some of the homework for you by highlighting the features of three popular choices that attorneys are using today.
Many document management programs for law firms offer ordinary functions like docketing or billing. But they aren’t capable of managing other forms of content like emails and spreadsheets. With Worldox, you can unify all of your content according to your clients, projects, matters and other important tasks. Most users agree that this program has a smaller learning curve so you can become a pro in no time at all.
Features Included In Worldox:
- Document history tools to audit a document’s history and see who did what, when.
- Access control tools so specific staff members can collaborate on a single document.
- Version control tools so you can track the evolution of a document and make sure you’re using the latest version.
- Document viewing tools to see what content they include even if you don’t have the program they were created with on your system.
- Archiving tools to prioritize storage based on the documents you use most.
- Full-Text Retrieval tools to search based on concepts as well as categories.
- Library service tools to organize and improve the way you catalog, retrieve and save files.
- Document security tools to control user access and permissions.
- Network support tools so you’ll have a unified point of access to all of your data wherever it is in your network.
This cloud-based legal practice management solution is designed for smaller firms or solo practices. Clio is one of the most widely used legal practice management programs on the market today. They report having over 150,000 users in 90 countries. Clio easily integrates with many other applications that law firms use such as Office 365. Use Clio to capture more billable time, increase your staff’s productivity, and improve your profitability.
It includes a Timekeeper that helps your employees track important deadlines and manage cases. Plus, you can access your data via your desktop or mobile devices, including iOS and Android phones.
It includes the following features:
- Time Tracking
- Trust Accounting
- Matter Management
- Billing and client payments
- Legal Accounting
- Document Management
- Legal Research
- Calendars and meetings
- Bank-Grade Security
- Lead Tracking
- Mobile Apps
- Award-Winning Support
Tabs3 is Windows-only software designed specifically for law offices. Among other things, it performs timekeeping and billing on desktops. It can be paired with specific add-ons to work with the Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES). This specifies the file formats used to facilitate the safe transmission of electronic data in the legal industry so you can remain compliant.
Although Tabs3 is fully-customizable, it is not portable, and it is a bit complex. Generally, it works well for partnerships or firms that have onsite IT assistance. It is user-friendly but can be a bit difficult to set up.
You can use this program to invoice and receive payments quickly, reconcile bank statements, and manage client trust accounts. It integrates reasonably well it with other software you use.
Tabs3 has been used in law firms for 40 years. Its newest version provides even better tools for entering time and managing documents. According to Tabs3, their clients are so satisfied that 9 out of 10 of them recommend it to other firms. Plus, their customers have a 96% + satisfaction rating for Tabs3’s customer support.
- Billing options that include standard hourly, contingency, flat fee, retainer, split fee, and task-based methods
- Security options that are tiered for user preference, and may consist of encryption for ultimate protection
- Conversion tools to transfer information from Timeslips and other software to Tabs3
- Extensive reporting capabilities
As a trusted IT consultant for attorneys in Las Vegas, NV we can help you find the IT solutions that work best for your firm. Check back for more information about Clio, Worldox and Tabs3. We’ll go more in-depth on each one in future articles. And for more information about other types of legal software, contact Network Heroes.
If you found this article helpful, be sure to check out our law blog. Here are some examples of what you’ll see.