With technology changing so rapidly, how can you determine if the IT support that you’re receiving is right for your business? What are break/fix services and how do they compare to Managed IT Services? We’ve detailed five things for you to consider so you can decide if you should switch IT providers.
1. Why Do You Need More Than Break/Fix Services?
Break/fix companies only show up when something goes wrong. A technician comes and charges you by the hour to make repairs. You might think that this is the most affordable way to go, but it’s not… Why? Because break-fix companies make more money when your technology continues to break. And because they charge by the hour, they have no incentive to fix things quickly.
Break/Fix services are reactive. This means that your IT isn’t monitored for reliability and security and sets you up for downtime. Just a few days of downtime can cost you in productivity and revenue. Not only are you paying for hourly service that you can’t control, but you’re also losing money from IT interruptions and downtime.
As a result, many companies end up spending the same amount in a few months for break/fix services than they would for an entire year of managed IT services.
2. Why Should You Choose A Managed IT Service Provider?
The goal of managed services it to lower your IT costs, and keep your technology running at peak performance. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) monitor the health of your IT system proactively. This prevents downtime. Plus, they can fix issues remotely and quickly before you even notice there’s an issue.
The Benefits of Fully Managed Information Technology Services:
- Because your IT system is monitored proactively, your IT professional is familiar with it. If there’s a problem, they can usually get you back up and running quickly.
- You have a Service Level Agreement with your Managed Service Provider (MSP) that includes all the services and support needed to keep your technology running reliably and securely.
- You can easily budget for IT services because your costs are predictable.
- With Remote Monitoring & Management, IT interruptions, downtime and breaches are prevented.
- You’ll have 24/7 service and access to a help desk that’s staffed by experienced IT professionals. This means you’ll always have immediate, expert-level support.
- With IT solutions that run as they should, your staff will remain productive. Plus, they won’t have to worry about IT problems and can focus on their work.
3. Managed IT Services Provide Comprehensive Cybersecurity.
Are you 100% confident in your network security, data protection, and cybersecurity solutions? Does your IT company provide a Comprehensive Security Solution with:
- Employee Security Awareness Training?
- Network and Perimeter Security?
- Data Protection?
- Email and Web Security?
- Wireless Network Security?
A Managed IT Service Provider will.
4. Your Managed IT Provider Can Provide Cloud Computing Solutions That Save You Money.
Cloud technologies have simplified and even brought down the costs of doing business when it comes to information technology. And cloud solutions provide the technology that was once only available to large corporations.
You can subscribe to multiple services unique to your business without complex IT systems, an endless array of servers, and the technicians needed to fix them when they break down.
And, you can lower your IT infrastructure expenses. Your Managed IT Service Provider can help you reduce the need for onsite solutions by using their data centers. Not only can you save on hardware but the energy and space it uses.
5. Do You Need IT Service That Specializes In Your Industry?
Whether you run a small business, a dental practice, accounting firm or car dealership, your IT company should have experience in your industry. If they don’t how can they ensure that your technology complies with government or industry regulations? How will they know what your customers expect from you?
They must also understand best practices for your area of specialty. Most break/fix companies only come in quickly to repair and replace things. A Managed Service Provider is your best bet if you’re looking for IT service and support that’s aligned with your industry.
Isn’t It Time To Switch From Break/Fit IT Serve To Managed IT Service?
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, it’s time to switch to a Managed Service Provider:
- Does it take too long for your tech to respond to your service requests?
- Do they promise to get back to you soon, but they don’t?
- Do you get techs who don’t know your IT system and have to spend time getting up to speed?
- Are you paying for IT support, but you don’t know what your tech is doing?
- Does it seem like new IT problems surface all the time?
If you’re currently using break/fix services in Las Vegas, contact Network Heroes. We offer everything you should expect in a Managed IT Service Provider.
In the meantime, check out our IT Articles. Here are some examples of what you’ll find: