Business Continuity Experts In Las Vegas
Running a business today is complicated and none of us can afford to have our operations interrupted.
Preparing for business interruptions – both natural and human-based – is critical to make sure you can stay up and running, regardless of whether the outage is at the office, in your town or around the world. Business continuity planning is one of the most important requirements of management at a business.
What Is Business Continuity Planning?
In addition to reliable data backup capability, our business continuity planning is designed to get your business up and running with as little downtime as possible. It provides you with a robust set of tools to give your business the best chance to reopen and recover quickly, and with as little damage as possible to your operations and reputation.
How Does Business Continuity Planning Protect You?
At its core, business continuity planning is about data protection and data backup.
While almost anyone using a computer for work would understand the nature of why backing up your data is important (don’t forget that hard copies are often still filed in triplicate as a contingency), it’s likely you don’t know of each and every application that an effective data backup can have.
- Data retention contingencies: At the rate that technology evolves (and how quickly your standard operations and concerned policies are required to keep up with it), it’s no surprise that some businesses find it difficult to keep up with.When policy development falls behind the pace of adopted technologies, it can often lead to gaps, which can affect data retention.
- Cybercrime: Data loss is often the result of poor digital security; without the right defenses, cybercriminals can easily infect an IT system with ransomware or other types of malware and compromise company data.If you have you have a data backup solution, then it doesn’t matter if your data has been encrypted in a ransomware attack. You can just replace it with your backup, simple as that.That’s why you should make a considerable investment in a comprehensive backup data recovery solution so that you can restore your data at a moment’s notice when necessary.
- Human error: Much of data protection is dependent on the user, and as such it’s vital that you properly educate your employees in safe conduct. The more your workforce knows about the security measures you have in place, the more confidently they can use the technology is a secure manner.Human error can be detrimental to data integrity. Without a viable backup, all it takes is one accidental click to delete a file, or one spilled coffee to fry a local hard drive.
Top 3 Benefits Of Business Continuity Planning
Protecting Your Business Assets
Your information technology will be protected, and your staff will be ready and productive in the event of a disaster. Employees will be informed and rehearsed, and they’ll know what actions to take. This could save your business a lot of downtime and money.
Furthermore, in keeping you running, this plan will protect the image, brand, and reputation of your company. If you’re able to continue functioning despite a disaster, your customers will see you as dependable, and your reputation will be enhanced as a result.
Improve Your Business Culture
Your customers will feel confident doing business with you; you’ll be able to keep your commitments and ensure the continuing quality of the services and/or products you deliver. Furthermore, it shows your investors that you take your business seriously, that you’re prepared and ready to maintain productivity.
Your staff will gain an awareness of business operations that they didn’t have before. Business continuity planning can often provide staff with useful insights into improving the way they handle tasks, even in areas that hadn’t been previously considered.
Prevention Of Downtime & Other Consequences
If a disaster does occur, the cost of disruptions will be significantly reduced with a business continuity solution in place. There will be no disruptions to your supply chain. Your competitive position will be maintained or even improved because you’ll be able to meet your contractual requirements, where others who aren’t protected won’t.
Data Backup – The Foundation of An Effective Business Continuity Plan
The best way to enhance your data backup capabilities is to work with a capable IT company. Be sure to work with one that can fulfill the following requirements:
- Comprehensive Backups: The backup solution should provide both local onsite backup for quick recovery in instances of data loss, as well as an offsite cloud-based backup for when your business is hit with a critical disaster.
- Regularly Testing: Your IT company shouldn’t expect you to assume that your backups will just work when needed. They should regularly test your backups to verify their effectivity in the event that something goes wrong with your onsite data.
- Convenient Restoration: Don’t settle for clumsy, all-or-nothing backups. You should be able to choose a point in time to restore in the event that the data has been deleted, corrupted, or there has been a malicious intrusion.
Your IT company should map out a BDR Plan and devise strategies to ensure your business continuity. Your plan should take the following into account:
- Protect your IT System from significant disruptions.
- Get your business back up and running in only a few hours in the event of a disaster.
- Test your backups and recovery regularly as part of routine site maintenance.
- Perform backups hourly to a remote location without human intervention–with logging and alerting that notifies about not just failures but on the absence of success (a fundamental distinction).
- Recover files and complete systems for time periods going back days, weeks and months.
Like this article? Check out the following blogs to learn more: